|*||1.3-megapixel sensor, delivering 1,280 x 960 pixel images
|*||Ultra-slim profile for a 3x zoom camera
|*||Easy user interface
|*||Excellent picture quality for a 1.3 megapixel digicam
EZ Print Link
Readers have requested free-formatted versions of our reviews (without the graphical accouterments of our page design), to make printing easier. We are accommodating this request with special copies of each review, formatted to allow the text flow to be dictated by the browser window. Click for a print-optimized page.
Over the past several years, Olympus has been a dominant player in the digicam marketplace. It boasts one of the broadest digital camera lineups in the industry, with numerous models ranging from pure entry-level, point-and-shoot digicams to the incredible pro-level E-10 SLR. With the Brio Zoom D-150, Olympus has crafted an exceptionally sleek little 1.3-megapixel digicam that’s the essence of pocketability. Better yet, it’s added a 3x zoom lens and given up nothing in the image-quality department to achieve the small size. Just like its fixed-focus companion model, the Brio D-100, the Zoom D-150 displays excellent sharpness and color rendition, easily competing with more expensive models.
- 1.3-megapixel CCD delivering image resolutions as high as 1,280 x 960 pixels.
- Real-image optical viewfinder and 1.5-inch color LCD monitor.
- 3x, 5-15mm lens (equivalent to a 38-114mm lens on a 35mm camera).
- 2x digital zoom.
- Aperture settings from f/2.4 – f/9.
- Shutter speeds from 1/1,000 to 1/2 second.
- Programmed automatic exposure.
- Adjustable white balance with five modes.
- Built-in flash with five operating modes.
- Sequential shooting mode.
- Images saved in JPEG format to SmartMedia card (8MB card included).
- USB cable w / USB AutoConnect for instant image download to compatible PCs.
- Software CD loaded with Camedia Master 2.5 for Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Power from one CR-V3 lithium battery pack (included) or two AA batteries.
- NTSC video cable included (PAL for European models).
- DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) compatibility.